Christopher Dupuy was arrested by the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office in Texas on June 12, 2013 on a misdemeanor charge of abuse of official capacity. He serves as a county-court-at-law judge, and in that capacity, he is prohibited from practicing law. He is accused of violating that prohibition by providing legal assistance to his former girlfriend, Tara Compton, in a child custody matter. According to the prosecuting attorney on Dupuy’s case, “Not only was he helping her out, but he gave her horrible legal advice that got her in trouble.” Dupuy reportedly told her that a court order governing the custody of her child was wrong and as a result she did not have to comply with it. This is Dupuy’s second arrest in the past three weeks. He was also arrested last month on eight charges relating to his conduct in office, including two felony counts of official oppression. He has been released after posting $1,500 bail.
- George Floyd EXECUTED by Derek Chauvin and Tou Thao
- Rules of Professional Conduct are ignored by the bar and lawyers
- Government Failed Us, It’s Time for Personal Responsiblity
- Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it
- Lawyers manipulate justice system into profit system Public Defenders force plea deals